GFC hair treatment, or Growth Factor Concentrate, is a platelet-rich plasma (PRP) treatment that uses the patient’s own blood to promote hair growth. Platelets are blood cells that contain growth factors, which are proteins that help to stimulate cell growth and repair.
During GFC hair treatment, the patient’s blood is drawn and then centrifuged to separate the platelets. The platelets are then concentrated and injected into the scalp.
GFC hair treatment is a minimally invasive procedure with little to no downtime. However, there are some things that you can do before and after your treatment to ensure the best possible results.
Before GFC hair treatment
- Avoid taking aspirin or ibuprofen for two days before your treatment. These medications can thin your blood and increase the risk of bleeding.
- Wash your hair the morning of your treatment, but avoid using any styling products.
- Eat a light meal before your treatment, but avoid drinking alcohol or caffeine.
After GFC hair treatment
- Do not touch your scalp for 24 hours after your treatment.
- Avoid washing your hair for 48 hours after your treatment.
- Avoid using any harsh chemicals on your hair for two weeks after your treatment.
- Avoid excessive sweating and sun exposure for two weeks after your treatment.
- Drink plenty of water and eat a healthy diet to promote healing.
How often do you need GFC hair treatment?
The number of GFC hair treatments you need will vary depending on your individual needs and goals. Most patients need 3-6 treatments spaced 4-6 weeks apart.
What are the side effects of GFC hair treatment?
The most common side effects of GFC hair treatment are mild and temporary. These side effects may include:
These side effects typically resolve on their own within a few days.
In rare cases, more serious side effects may occur. These side effects may include:
- Nerve damage
- Allergic reaction
If you experience any serious side effects after GFC hair treatment, it is important to see your doctor right away.
Is GFC hair treatment safe?
Yes, GFC hair treatment is generally considered to be safe. It is a minimally invasive procedure that uses the patient’s own blood, so there is a very low risk of allergic reaction or infection.
GFC hair treatment is a safe and effective way to promote hair growth and reduce hair loss. By following the before and after care instructions, you can maximize your results and minimize your risk of side effects.